Skip to content

Emerson’s first birthday!

July 11, 2011

My sweet little man has turned one!!!  I can’t believe it, this past year has flown by…bringing all kinds of unexpected changes.  His party turned out fantastic, hubs and I have been working hard this past month prepping everything.  I made a barn out of two cardboard boxes & masking tape, painted a cow and a pig on a couple more pieces, S put up wooden pallets from the dumpster to make a “fence” and added the posts for me to hang the banners by (which are made out of burlap and cloth hot glued to twine, with happy birthday Emerson painted on).  My sister came over and we tackled the cake, it’s a little saggy but I think it turned out awesome!!  We had lots of friends and family to celebrate with us, the fun, the food, the homemade cake & ice cream, it was all wonderful.  Thank you to everyone to pitched in to help and to my friend Bobbie for taking pictures (which will be shared later in another post).

the barn for the kids to play in

We had “tractor” aka Gator rides for the kids

Sweet Kori Rose

My Mother creating controversy with S who is a hard core GMC guy

More to come!

P.S. Nomi your camera is set on the wrong month and day…xoxo

Advertisements
7 Comments leave one →
  1. July 11, 2011 7:44pm07

These are so precious! I can’t wait to see more!

2. Ginny permalink
    July 11, 2011 7:44pm07

These are so cute! What a fun party!

3. ashton griffin permalink
    July 11, 2011 7:44pm07

Adorable!!! The cake is precious.. looks like such a fun party!

4. Bobbie Brown Photography permalink
    July 11, 2011 7:44pm07

Julie the party was fabulous! we all had so much fun and your party decor was perfect!!!!! Happy Birthday to sweet little Emerson!!!

5. July 11, 2011 7:44pm07

You are so talented with your painting, I love the “barn”!

6. July 13, 2011 7:44am07

The barn is adorable – it doesn’t even resemble cardboard!! And the cake – I can’t believe ya’ll made it, I thought maybe you’d had it done. It’s adorable!

Trackbacks