Skip to content

Mudroom, before and after

January 26, 2011

By now you most likely realize what a unbelievable heap huge project our house has been.  This area used to be a porch which had a really low ceiling, holes in the floor and storm windows all the way around.  It is now a bathroom (which will be featured at another time), mudroom and laundry room and is one of my favorite areas we have re-done, I LOVE storage!  In an old house you have to get really creative with it, this was just wasted space beside our linen closet with that ugly useful little chest fridge sitting in it.  We use the baskets to store our toilet paper, gardening things, shoes and dog supplies, as well as outdoor cushions.  The baskets are from target on clearance for $11 each (the cheapest I could find for what I would looking for) and the handles are clearance from Anthropologie for $7 each.  I’m not sure how much Sean spent on the wood to build it and I already had the paint.  The bead board in the hall is original to the house which we saved from tearing down the ceiling in this area.

Before:

After:

Advertisements
9 Comments leave one →
  1. January 26, 2011 7:44pm01

Julie I am loving these before and after house posts!

2. January 26, 2011 7:44pm01

I love the before and after shoots too! What a neat transformation of your little area..

3. January 26, 2011 7:44pm01

I meant posts* not shoots haha! fail. 🙂

4. January 27, 2011 7:44pm01

Love this little area, I need to work on mine!

5. Ashton permalink
    January 28, 2011 7:44pm01

Love it. Those handles are pretty cute, I like how they just add a really different touch!

6. January 31, 2011 7:44pm01

I just realized today that you are doing this house tour and I’m so glad! I absolutely love your house and I love following house blogs so I’m really looking forward to seeing all the rooms and hearing about what all y’all have done to it!

7. February 2, 2011 7:44am02

Love those handles, what a fabulous job. Your before photo took me back to a home I redid many years back, eeek!

8. February 12, 2011 7:44am02

Wow! I saw your mudroom on Better After and just had to come check it out! You did a wonderful job! Love those handles!